Favorite Sacramento Area Paddle Locations
NOTE: Be sure you review and understand the details behind the various links below which show flow, elevation, and other related water information before using the information for water safety based decisions.
Lake Natoma – Gold River, Folsom
Folsom Lake – Folsom, Granite Bay, Newcastle
– Folsom Lake State Recreation Area
– put-ins: Browns Ravine, Folsom Point, Beals Point, Granite Bay, Rattlesnake Bar
– Inflow, Outflow, and Elevation data
– North Fork American – Flow into Folsom Lake, Paddle Out to Rattlesnake Bar
– South Fork American – Paddle Out to Skunk Hollow
Lower American River – Fair Oaks, Rancho Cordova, Sacramento
Cosumnes River Preserve
Other Favorite Paddling Locations
- The Lake Tahoe Water Trail website shows launch access points and some downloadable maps. They also offer a good waterproof Map and Guide that can be purchased at numerous locations around Lake Tahoe.
– Primary management agencies are the U.S. Forest Service Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit, California State Parks, and Nevada State Parks.
– Lake Tahoe NOAA marine chart
– Favorite paddle locations include Sand Harbor and Cave Rock on the Nevada side and Emerald Bay in California.
– Both California and Nevada have programs in place to prevent the spread of Aquatic Invasive Species (both plants and animals). See the following websites to ensure you meet the requirements to launch and paddle in Lake Tahoe.
California – Tahoe Keepers AIS program
Nevada – Dept. of WildlifeAIS program
– Many access points are closed over the winter season so be sure to check availability if planning to paddle in the spring or autumn.
San Francisco Bay